About the Role
A Cost Accountant is responsible for overseeing and managing the costs of the company's inventory and accounting treatment. It is their duty to monitor transactions, update general ledgers, gather and analyze data, perform audits and assessments, and produce regular inventory reports. They must also observe and be alert for any inconsistencies and discrepancies, dealing with them according to the GAAP and internal policies. Moreover, a Cost Accountant must maintain an active communication line with internal staff and outside vendors for a smooth and efficient workflow.
• Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory including proper cutoff and valuation
• Verifying accurate standard costs by performing internal cost and BOM Audits
• Perform periodic cost rerolls
• Monitoring inventory transactions and help with inventory tracking system implementation
• Reconciling inventory accounts in the general ledger to counts provided by the accounting system and external vendors
• Review adjustments to inventory such as cycle counts entries
• Preparing monthly journal entries as needed including capitalized variance entries
• Special projects as required
A minimum of four years’ experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferable
An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
Proficient in MS Excel.
ERP/MRP System Knowledge
Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
About the Company
Tina's Burritos is the leading CPG brand of frozen single serve burritos in America and is owned by Camino Real Foods, Inc. We bake up a million budget friendly burritos in our Los Angeles, CA factory daily and serve them to burrito lovers who appreciate great taste, convenience, and quick meals filled with important daily nutrients. All of our products are slow cooked in large kettles so the spices and flavors meld together for a flavor profile that is the industry leader, and then flash frozen for freshness. Many customers write in and say they have been "addicted" to our burritos since 1984 when we first started making them. Others write in and say they started buying our products with food stamps because it was all they could afford, but now they buy Tina's Burritos with money in the bank. We are very proud to be able to produce a quality product that helps eliminate food insecurity in America, and save our customers time and money that can be put towards advancing their own lives. You can find our products in the frozen aisle and deli section of your favorite grocery or convenience store. From our freezer to yours with love, For more information visit https://www.tinasburritos.com/